i thought today is kind of a meaningful day for me. and hence this entry. (:
we had to give a 1 min intro of ourselves in front of everyone else today. I have to applaud every auntie/lady sitting in class today for their courage (: Although some of them do not have proper education, they mustered their courage to speak in front of the crowd (: That besides the point, the topic was "Myself". Many of the aunties ended up talking about their families and that's where the 1 min intro turned to learning journey (or in Sang Khem teams' words: HTHT). It was disheartening and sad having to see the aunties ended up crying while giving them 1 min intro of themselves (or rather about their families). U may ask, "why did they cry?"
They had similar stories. One lady has a very sick son. and so when she started talking about her boy, she just looked down and started sobbing. My heart went out to her. :( Some of the ladies were very frank. They shared about they experience as a single mother. It was really hard on them. and they are the bravest ladies i've seen so far. They really got me thinking, how fortunate I am as a young girl, just fresh from school. They taught me to count my blessings (; I have to admit that my setback is nothing compared to theirs. oh wells. life's as such ba. u don't get everything. one should be happy that u didn't lose everything (:
during lunch, I passed by the bookstore. I came across this book, This is my story (by Kong). I read the prologue and I thought that I will get this book one day. Google it and u'll know y im getting it (: all in the name of self-reflection (:
I had a phone interview before gg for dinner. Hmmm. I have to admit, I was nervous. and i know y I felt this way. =x It was an organization that I always wanted to enter. but it was an organization that my friends would probably give me a flat NO about joining it. I'm not sure if Im joining them for the correct reasons but I hope I am. I hope Im joining it for myself.
i had an awesome dinner (: met up with my mentor and fyp peeps. we had dinner at a thai restaurant in a mall near city hall. it's at level 4 in that mall. anyway, the company was great! we chatted about everything under the sun except for biodiesel catalysts (: haha. and of course, the food was nice (: hehe.
But, the journey back home was awful. I was practically floating back home. I floated on the poorly ventilated train and bus home. I don't dare take blood pressure reading cos there's nothing much i can do abt the pressure and yea, don't wanna let the folks worry.
hope that everyone had a good day today. good night (:
Friday, May 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment