I saw this on a friend's facebook and found it meaningful. Thought it would be nice if i can share with you:
Suvinder, the Prince of Thulahn, proposes to the female protaganist Kate, and explains the reason why he wishes to marry her:
"I asked you to marry me because I think you will make a wonderful wife and because you are somebody I can imagine being with for the rest of my life, when perhaps love, of a sort, of a very important and special sort, might grow between us. I think it is wonderfully romantic to marry for love alone, but I have seen so many do so and live to regret it. There are some lucky people, no doubt, for whom everything works out just perfectly, but I have never met anyone.For most people, I think, to marry for love is to marry...at the summit, as it were. It must be downhill from there on. To marry for other reasons, with one's head and not just one's heart, is to embark on a different sort of journey which offers the hope that things will become gradually better and better between the people concerned."
My two cents worth:
A very practical way of looking at marriage i must say. mr xiao is also one such practical man. He once told me something like this before. In life, you will never marry the one you love the most. In fact, you will marry the one who is most beneficial to your life. He told me, "it's sad, but this is life". I can't help but to agree with him and feel heartache about this matter of fact. Oh wells. i have lost of my practically to events that happened in my life, that i cant really judge what is practical anymore. I only know what is 开心就好.
To my friends who are happy with their life right now, I'm happy for you. (:
Bye bye.
Thursday, June 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment